Sunday 17 January 2010

Spaghetti Bolognese

Sunday 17th January 2010

I don’t think I really need to describe this one, but I’m listing the ingredients. Needless to say it is quick, and as it was a sunny day there was no way I was going to do roast! It was warm too, such a treat. Had a tidy up after all the snow. Amazingly, I found a white Christmas Rose (Hellibore) hiding in a pot, and lots of buds - things just want to grow.

Spaghetti Bolognese

Serves 8

onion, x1 cut finely chopped

leek, x4, washed (cut longways) and chopped finely (can use more onion if no leek)

olive oil, dash

beef, minced, 1x500g pack

ketchup, x1 squirt

tomatoes, chopped, x2 tins

herbes de provence, x2 tbsp

garlic, x4 cloves

salt

pepper

I served this with brown penne (risky), a pesto option on the pasta, grated cheddar, parmesan and crisp organic lettuce leaves with salad dressing. The Weston’s Cider was particularly welcome. There were the predicted moans about brown pasta, but I am hard, and ignored them (noticing that some even had seconds….). There was leftover bolognese, so that will probably become a chilli con carne, watch this space!

Amanda Nantgwynfaen

www.organicfarmwales.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment