Thursday 25 March 2010

Gary’s Scones

Wednesday 24th March 2010

B&B Welcome Tea

It was the sweeping outside that was the stick that broke the camels back, if the back was the time…. It just ran away, and before I knew it, the B&B visitors had arrived, and the scones weren’t even in the oven (if I’m honest they were purely fictitious at this stage). I then ran around like a headless chicken looking for Gary: “Gary, Gary Gary Rhodes, where the devil are you? I neeeed you…..” Found him in the nick of time, hiding on the window sill with his marmalade. Scones were in the oven in 5 and out in 10 (plenty of chat ensued to hide the delay)…

Gary’s Scones (Oh Gary, you are wonderful)

This is nearly his recipe,

flour, self-raising, 1lb

baking powder, 1tsp

salt, pinch

sugar, 2oz

butter, 4oz

sultanas, 2 handfuls (optional, not popular with the smallies)

milk, 250ml approx

Mix dry ingredients & butter to crumbs, stir in sultanas then, add milk to bind into wettish dough. Flour table and rolling pin. Roll out dough to 2cm thick (thickish). Use 2 inch pastry cutter. Makes about 12 (or 8 big ones). Brush with beaten:

egg (optional), but it makes it really golden and luxurious.

Bake on 200°C fan oven for 10 minutes. Eat warm with homemade jam and a nice cup of tea.

Gotcha Gary, now you can’t hide from me, I can just google you into my world whenever I need to now, so hide on as many window sills are you want!

Amanda Nantgwynfaen

No comments:

Post a Comment